Life's a journey, so hop along for the ride! I've got a ton of interesting and not-so-interesting things to share with you, from the world as I see it. So keep your face pressed to the glass and hang on to the seat of your pants!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Annapolis-Style

I can't think of a better place to spend Labor Day than Annapolis, Maryland--home of the United States Naval Academy and of course plenty of charming streets, historical buildings, delicious food, and fine, midshipmen perusing the streets, two by two. Yes, it's nice to flee the coop once in a while. I'm not about to take credit for these artistic photographs (especially the one captured above). I stole them from KU and will reimburse her in due time.
After a boat ride along the waterfront and an authentic crab-cake lunch, we befriended an American-Samoan Navy dude who took us on a personal "tour" of Bancroft Hall (the Navy dormitories), to observe a little more of the local culture...

And one can't spend a day in Annapolis without sitting on a bench, eating ice-cream, and watching the world pass by. This is definitely more my pace...
Maybe it was all the sugar, or perhaps I was simply too caught up in the "Spirit of America," but the result was a most-authentic, Navy/marine-life inspired photo shoot, in one of many souvenir shops.
Sometimes, you've just got to be a tourist. Don't fight it.
But once I found the crab hats, I could no longer contain myself......
And since this is my blog, I feel better about posting this last shot. I may look like the devil, but I'm okay with that.
So cheers to the U.S. Navy, crabs, and having a little fun... at the expense of some very patient store owners. I'm sure they loved having us on board!!






2 comments:

A and M said...

Your devil face it good, but you definitely take the cake for the most authentic looking navy/marine-life face.

janae said...

For the record, I *love* your picture faces! I so remember those from our good old days in Senhora da Hora. We have the best pictures, thanks solely to YOU!