Life's a journey, so hop along for the ride! I've got a ton of interesting and not-so-interesting things to share with you, from the world as I see it. So keep your face pressed to the glass and hang on to the seat of your pants!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Tacky

Ok. So I'm a little behind in my blogging, but what's new? Here's an ode to Halloween '09 for those of you who missed out on the festivities.

The last (and only) time that I dressed up for Halloween, outside of high school, was during my senior year at BYU. I was a Jamaican Reggae Master and it just felt so right. I had found my true alter ego. Four years later, I decided to once again succumb to the joys of the season.

Since my Jamaican getup was stashed somewhere in California, I opted for the next best thing. My friend and I headed to the local Goodwill, where all our creative juices were unleashed. The result:
plenty of tackiness to go around..... Here we are debuting our splendid Tacky Tourist creations. Enjoy.

We even headed to Embassy Row in the District to go trick or treating.

Where we spotted this lovely blight of a tour bus, parked unattended on the side of the road. It was practically calling out our names. And yes, I'll be the first to admit that it was a little too easy to get into character.

We even made a pit stop at the Portuguese Embassy where I attempted to trick or treat, in Portuguese, with no success. How anyone could turn down such a face, is a mystery to me.

Finally, I shall leave you with one last shot of the magic that is October.
Tacky or not, it's nice to succumb to the joys of the season, every once in a while.





7 comments:

Sharalea said...

MY HERO!

A and M said...

Wow. There's just so much to say about this costume. This one really might have topped your senior Jamaican getup. I think I even have a picture somewhere to compare the two!

janae said...

Holy hannah, that costume takes the cake!! You've mastered the tacky tourist, my dear. I don't think your costume could be improved in any way. Honestly. Did you honestly try to trick-or-treat at the Portuguese Embassy?! I LOVE THAT!!! You are so awesome! :)

Merry said...

SARAHJ!!! Ok, so I can count on one hand how many times I've read a blog, but recently checked out Adam's the other day and decided today that I needed to check out your's since I feel like the holidays got in the way and I haven't seen you in way too long my dear. Anyhow so I click on the link to your blog and what do I find...OMG, huge blown up pics of our Halloween tackiness! LOVE it! You crack me up SarahJ, I can always count on your to put a smile on my face, truly!

Prince said...

So I saw that Merry wrote about your blog on facebook (I feel like I'm stalking you guys or something...and, well, maybe I am ;) so I had to check it out and LOVED the past few entries. Great photos of you and Merry in all your glorious tackiness. And it was so fun to read your future life's list...why did we always pick 2 boys and 2 girls? ;)

Kelli Burton said...

that pic of you guys getting in the tourist bus is pretty much amazing.

Rachel said...

This is almost as awesome in blog format as it was in real life. =)