Well, after many frantic attempts to swat them down from my bed in the dark, I usually succumb --and angrily circle the room, kleenex in hand (I can't kill em with bare hands yet), out on the prowl.
In Africa, I can't count a single time when I was eaten by the little creatures. And I never once used a mosquito net. In Haiti, I've turned into the most desireable of prey.
Last night was a particularly brutal battle. Fed up with the whole thing, (and a particular little bugger who really had it in for me) I reached for my homeopathic mosquito spray (which incidently doesn't work too well--buy the real stuff if you can). In my fury, I decided to spray my whole body (head to toe) as well as my sheets, pillow, etc. Sure that I had caught the critters in their tracks, I settled down to bed again.
I didn't get much sleep. In fact, it was the worst night to date. This morning, I realized something important.
Downy Wrinkle Release Spray is not a viable alternative to Deet. (incidently, my mosquito spray also came in this handy, travel size spray bottle. In a dark room, the two can become virtually interchangeable)No wonder I woke up this morning with a face that looked like a pre-pubescant 7th grader's, but smelling like "fresh mountain rain."

3 comments:
so funny! once we used dryer sheets as kleenexes because it was dark, we couldn't see, etc.
Okay, that was laugh-out-loud hilarious!! I even read it aloud to Samuel and made him laugh! Sorry that we're having so much fun at your expense! In case you can have someone mail it to you, REI sells this stuff called Jungle Juice that is AMAZING! I'm very allergic to mosquitoes, so I have zero tolerance, and that stuff is killer (literally)!
so funny! I'm sorry about the mixup. Did you iron out your mosquito problem??? HAAA HAAA HAAA! EQUALLY FUNNY!!!!
Post a Comment